“A young population if empowered and well developed will be a resource that will lead to innovation, economic growth, support good governance and drive political reforms.”
Driven by the need to help combat youth unemployment through the promotion of entrepreneurship, the concept and contest pattern was created to help contestants put their “hustle” in perspective as they filled the contest form.
Fund Ya Hustle is a three staged contest scheduled to run for a period of 2 months.
Stage 1: Application – 3 weeks
Stage 2: Verification and selection – 2 weeks
Stage 3: Voting – 3 weeks
Prizes & Benefits
- N100,000 step-up cash prize for 1 winner
- PR/markting support for top 5 entries across 234central affiliate & media partner platforms
- Consultancy/ mentoring support for top 5 entries
The jury will select finalists and winners using the following criteria:
- Quality of the entry and proven existence of the project
- Potential for (social) impact and market viability
- Innovative factor
- Potential for sustainability: likeliness that the project can be sustained and continue to have significant impact beyond the lifetime of the competition
- Align with the vision of 234central.com and Visionary Impact Netwox
A press event was held to unveil the winner with key speakers in the likes of Mr. Toluroc Martins of TalkRoc ‘Inno who spoke on “the youth as a brand and how to attract necessary investment” and the keynote speech on the “Need for value and solution oriented thinking amongst youths as a key denominator for economic empowerment” was in the person of Mr. Kayode Olatunyi of Career Mentors Nigeria.
- The entries were predominantly male in comparison to female applications and featured
- Entries featured from various industries such as agriculture, ICT and service based businesses.
- Six entries were shortlisted, with the contest winner selected based on public votes via social media and
- The winner, OluFemi Dimu of Money Tree Team received the cash prize of N100,000.
- Other finalists benefited from business and marketing support to advance their individual hustle.
- The 234Central online portal was launched under the Initiative – “Think Value, Create Solution”
In view of the project impact and funding challenges, the project has been revamped to target street hawkers and vendors as beneficiaries. A minimum of N5,000 is given to randomly selected vendors who so far have used it to expand their wares for sale.
Beneficiaries are women and youths, in line with our mission as a network.